You are invited to Recent Changes Camp 2011!
Watson Auditorium, Wentworth Hall, Wentworth Institute of Technology: Boston, MA
550 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Want to join? Please add your name to the list of attendees so that we can make sure we have enough chairs and refreshments for everyone!
We'll convene at the location on Thursday or Friday and wrap up on Sunday. Check back for the agenda. There is no cost to participate other than transportation. We may even be able to help you find lodging.
What is Recent Changes Camp, anyway?
Recent Changes Camp was born from the intersection of wiki and Open Space. Since 2006, participants from all over North America and the globe have gathered together for a common purpose: discussing the past, present, and future of the technology and collaborative method that is wiki. RCC is a chance for everyone in the wiki community, something we like to call Wiki Ohana, to meet and have a fun, productive conversation about our passion for wikis of all stripes.
This, free to participants, unconference/BarCamp has been held at least once every year since 2006 (and twice in 2007). Unlike a conventional conference, where everything's pre-planned and structured, RecentChangesCamp is a gathering where we decide for ourselves what we're going to get out of it by offering sessions each morning on whatever we want (and of course ad hoc sessions can form at any time). There's no agenda until we make it up! Now, that might sound a bit chaotic if you're never been to this type of gathering, but be prepared to be surprised at how much people can learn and create when they collaborate spontaneously.
At Recent Changes Camp, everybody is welcomed. You don't need to be an expert on anything, and you certainly don't need to consider yourself a geek. Collaboration thrives on diversity! All you need to bring is an open mind, and a willingness to participate, whether by teaching or by taking an active role in discussions. And, don't forget, an unconference is what we make it, so let's make it enlightening and fun.
Sessions covering an array of interests
- We generally get together in the morning, around 9 or 10 am, and finish sessions around 5pm, on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Please check the Agenda regularly for more details. We don't know what the actual sessions will be, however, until we get there and propose them.
RecentChangesCamp 2010, Montréal, Quebec (aka RoCoCo)
RecentChangesCamp 2009, Portland, Oregon
RecentChangesCamp 2008, Palo Alto, California
RecentChangesCamp 2007, Montréal, Quebec (aka RoCoCo)
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sUKp6xGHkI (opening morning circle; more video available there)
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0SGp8_2VMI (marketplace and sessions)
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOKcP8g6VLI (dancing)
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqb0Av0qC7Q (AWESOME!!!! more dancing, and the next generation)